Inflammation can be a good thing
Everyone has experienced the remarkable phenomenon of acute inflammation – a sprained ankle, splinter, or cut – and as a result have witnessed the affected area turn red, puffy and hot as your immune system rushes to your aid to assess the injury and fight any pathogen that might have entered your body. A normal, healthy inflammatory response should clear up and die down again a short time later, as the healing process resolves the inflammation and the injury heals. Pain and inflammation should not be chronic, it should go away – but what if it doesn’t?
Inflammatory snowball effect
Imagine if you kept injuring yourself in the same location repetitively. The result would be unresolved ongoing inflammation. However, not all information has a visible injury. For example, if there is inflammation in your gut, the only symptom maybe some niggling doubt issues, yet you cannot “see“ the problem. Nevertheless, there may be an inflammatory snowball effect occurring inside. Unresolved inflammation, visible or not, becomes more problematic the longer it keeps interfering with the normal workings of your body and has been linked to many types of chronic disease such as arthritis and type to diabetes. We can help with any “niggling” issues, such as gut or maybe joint discomfort, to avoid the snowball effect occurring.
Stop inflammation going through the roof
Nobody wants to be in pain, and for optimal health, it is important to stop abnormal inflammation in its tracks. Pharmaceutical anti-inflammatories are commonly used to help relieve persistent pain, however, some medications may be accompanied by unwanted side-effects if used ongoing. Fortunately, we have a range of natural anti-inflammatory and pain relief solutions that can be individualised for your situation, whether you need acute care or more ongoing support.
Safe and natural solutions for inflammation
Many people are aware that fish oils reduce inflammation and can assist with joint conditions such as arthritis; however, there are also herbal ingredients that office safe and effective anti-inflammatory support, for example:
- Turmeric – this traditional anti-inflammatory Ayurvedic herb has a long history of useful injuries, whilst recent research demonstrates it also helps reduce the swelling and pain of arthritic conditions. BCM–95® Turmeric has significantly enhanced absorption, meaning you get to the benefit of this powerful herb’s anti-inflammatory properties when you need it.
- BosPure® Boswellia – another Ayurvedic herb, Boswellia has analgesic, anti-rheumatic and anti-inflammatory qualities. Boswellia can be used for all types of pain, but particularly arthritic or traumatic pain associated with inflammation.
- The herbs Devil’s Claw and Jamaica Dogwood, when combined, not only help reduce pain but decrease spasms and improve blood flow, therefore supporting the healing process.
These anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving herbs are ‘gut-friendly’ and safe for long-term use. We can recommend the best anti-inflammatory combination for your needs.
Factors that sustain inflammation
It is important to learn which diet and lifestyle behaviours may be adding to inflammation in your body, such as:
- Being an unhealthy weight
- Eating a diet containing refined/processed carbohydrates (e.g. white bread, pasta, white rice, cereals)
- Consuming ‘trans’ fats (e.g. fried or fast foods, packaged baked goods, vegetable fats used in some brands of margarine)
- Being sleep deprived
- Regularly consuming alcohol, coffee, excess sugar and/or salt
- Experiencing ongoing digestive issues that upset the balance of ‘good’ bacteria (e.g. stomach pain, bloating, diarrhoea) and/or
- Experiencing ongoing psychological stress (e.g.unhappy employment situation, social isolation, caring for a loved one with a serious disease)
Modifying and or all of these is an important step in a holistic approach to reducing inflammation that may be contributing to your pain or illness. If you relate to any of the above factors, speak with us. We would be happy to offer you support.
Put an end to inflammation!
Don’t let visible or invisible inflammation be a perpetuating problem! We have a range of safe and effective natural medicines, along with the knowledge needed to help you address any pain and inflammation you may have. Addressing inflammation can not only improve your quality of life now, but reduce your risk of chronic disease in future.
Talk to us today about helping to manage inflammation